Today’s Journal Gazette newspaper announced the Lincoln Land of Sports, a $60 million sports complex, will be developed in Mattoon, IL. The complex will be located just west of I-57 and will cover nearly 96 acres.
The complex is planned to have the following facilities:
- Indoors (126,000 sq. ft.)
- 8 basketball courts
- 16 volleyball courts
- A family entertainment center
- Outdoors (86 acres)
- 4 baseball/softball fields (300 ft. fence)
- 4 baseball/softball fields (400 ft. ence)
- 12 multipurpose turf fields
- 4 multipurpose grass fields
- 2,000 parking spaces
The goal is to attract traveling teams from Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis. The center is projected to generate 580,000 visitors, more than $23.8 million in direct spending and more than 59,000 hotel room nights each year.Journal Gazette-Times Courier
Development is expected to begin in 18 months with the facility completed in two years.